How can I help you sell your home?
Selling a home can seem like a daunting task, but having an experienced ally can help make the job easier. My goal as your agent is to maximize the amount of money you net and to make the process less stressful for you. There are several ways that I do this, including:
1) Help you prep your home for sale. I will take the time to walk through your home and advise you on things you can do to boost your home's appeal. Small repairs, a bit of de-cluttering, and a good deep cleaning can go a long way in making sure your home stands out to potential buyers. For a comprehensive checklist of things to do to prepare your home for sale, click here.
2) Help you determine home value. I will prepare a Comparative Market Analysis report for you to aid in determining the value of your home based upon recent comparable sales in the area. By analyzing market trends, neighborhood home prices, and your individual financial needs we will work together to come up with a competitive list price for your home.
3. Market your home. My aim is to get your home in front of as many potential buyers as possible and to showcase it in the most favorable light. Professional photos and an appealing and informative listing description are the first step in the process. I will list your home in the local multiple listing service and syndicated home search websites, and also aim for maximum exposure via social media advertisements, local real estate news outlets, postcard mailers, and open houses.
4) Handle home showings. Having strangers in and out of your home can be a big imposition. I will make sure your boundaries and privacy are respected and that you are given as much notice as possible prior to scheduling a showing. I will screen visitors and deal with any inquiries on your behalf. I utilize an online scheduling tool called Showing Time that alerts you as soon as a showing is requested and puts you as the seller in direct control to approve or deny a showing request.
5) Help you fulfill legal requirements. There are many local, state and Federal laws to consider when selling a home. My job is to help you avoid any legal pitfalls by advising you on proper procedures, making sure that all contracts and disclosures are properly executed, and that all terms of the contract are fulfilled within the designated contractual timeframes.
6) Negotiate on your behalf. There is a great deal of emotion in real estate transactions, especially when it comes to parting with a memory filled home. My job as your agent is to help take the emotion out of the decision making process, to act as your buffer to the buyers, and generally to guide you through negotiations to a successful closing. Know that compromise is usually inevitable but I will be your advocate to get you what you really want and need.
7) Communicate with all parties. Making sure everyone is on the same page is vital to a successful transaction. I will handle communications with the buyer's agent and lender, make sure everyone has what they need when they need it, and guide the transaction to completion while keeping you informed every step of the way.
8) Handle all of the paperwork. There's a lot of paperwork involved in a real estate transaction. My goal is to make things easier on you and accommodate your schedule. I utilize a digital signing program, an online transaction management platform, and will come to you if needed all to make the process more streamlined and manageable for you.
9) Coordinate any repairs. I have a solid network of licensed contractors to call upon for any repair work that might be required. I will handle the process of obtaining bids and coordinating the repairs within a timely manner. I am able to be straightforward and demanding about the quality and speed of workmanship when required of me.
10) Get you to closing. Leave it to me to tie up any loose ends, be there to support you through signing, and call to give you the good news that your money is on it's way to you!